Please apply via email:
Job Type: Fixed Term Full Time (c18months)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Fully Remote (UK based)
• Collaborate with the art director, tech animator, and designers to help define the look and setup of in game animations
• Create convincing and lifelike motion with a focus on first person animations
• Create first person animations and prepare for setup in Unreal. Iterate motion based on game design and art feedback.
• Support iteration on motion capture and contribute to creation and clean up of creature animation
• The candidate should be capable of working from an animation brief, collect and present reference, key-frame in Maya and export FBX to Unreal
• The candidate should have some experience working with motion capture
• The candidate should be very open to feedback and eager to seek out feedback when needed, open to change, and keen to iterate on work.
• Shipped at least one game title or other relevant industry experience.
• Should have a reel demonstrating a solid understanding of animation principles
• Should have a reel that shows examples of game animation
• Solid knowledge of Maya and some familiarity with the setup and exporting finished assets into a game engine. Unreal preferred.
• A working knowledge of Unreal and the animation pipeline
• Ability to work collaboratively. The ideal candidate must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
• Fluent English
• Experience of first person animation and creature animations
• General knowledge and understanding of rigging and skinning characters
• A thorough understanding of film and visual storytelling.
• An interest and a vocabulary in visual art that extends beyond video games and into contemporary art, design, and fashion.
• Experience and knowledge of other traditional arts such as painting, sculpting, figure drawing, and illustration
• An interest and knowledge of other aspects of video game development.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, gender and ethnicity, but, as women, LGBTQ and members of ethnic minorities are under-represented in games, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.
We value individuals who are patient in their dealings with others and thoughtful and conscientious in their approach to work. We like people who are open and communicative about what they do, who like sharing knowledge and enjoy educating team members about their field of expertise.
Please apply via email: